SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Re: OHK's gridcosm.
by MRM [mrm SITOme]  2014-01-22 01:41:57 [34144]
Thanks for taking this opportunity to answer my question as well SAZ. When I first started posting to gridcosm, I, too, was a poor player. My good fortune was an opportunity to advance my skills in a form (digital art) that was relatively new to me alongside artists whose work I admired and was inspired by.

After a sufficient time as a "newbie" bits of criticism was offered; I hope I reacted well to most of it but I know there were times when I didn't. That said, I don't ever recall a player as incapable of taking criticism as OHK seems to be. Instead of adding his personal comments to this forum he rants, raves, threatens and generally makes an ass and a nuisance of himself in the inappropriate places. I know that many of us have responded in some way to negativity in the grid poem, including myself I must say, but OHK's use of the "tags" section is beyond the pale in my humble opinion. I used to have a reputation in gridcosm as a "flamer", I think, and those days held many lessons for me that were hard-fought but eventually worked through.

At this point, and as you say SAZ, I also think it is better to have OHK participating than not. Anyone who has ever taken the time to search back through gridcosm will find that the war between "quilters" and "blenders" is an old and ongoing one. Too, it seems to me that these confrontations of style have always resulted in better work, by everyone, down the road.

In reply to:
Replies:

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.