SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
On Ads 'ad infinitum' (TO TCA)
by Marlos Salustiano [mrs SITOme] [email Marlos Salustiano] 2008-09-01 14:17:33 [21143]
You're absolutely right about the short attention span, man!

And the problem with many youngsters (and not only youngsters!) nowadays is that they are incapable of slowing down a little bit and analysing things more carefully.

Any sort of lengthy remark (such as the one's i've been doing) is automaticaly (and unfairly) disregarded as "blather" or "overblown crap" by some of them.

They don't realize that their analytic skills are strategically being fucked up by a corporative system that uses pavlovian methods trying to manipulate their instincts.

Everything has to be FAST: fast food, fast fuck, fast aesthetics (the mad iconic flow or, as i called before, ICONORREIA) and so on.

There's one emblematic video in Youtube in wich Brian Eno, during an interview, defends Kubric's Barry Lyndon for it's deliberate slowness! I for one advocate also Resnais' "Last year at Marienbad" and Visconti's "Death in Venice"!

The problem lies not in fastness itself, but in what we might call SPEEDOMANIA.

Well, for me slowness has nothing to do with lazyness, but with serenity, focus, concentration, hability to apreciate savors, to dive deeply into wonderful earthly delights such as giving a nice lady a long night of SLOW (and highly kinky-creative) LOVE!:-)

In reply to:
Re: More on Mollinger (part 2) (TO TCA)
Replies:
Re: On Ads 'ad infinitum'..

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.