SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
The natives are restless -
by MRM [mrm SITOme]  2007-09-13 14:38:37 [19447]
This is what we call, downtown, "Rich". This is only an opinion, but I believe that SUNSHINE needs to go back to his reply to Nata Lukas: Ask Josep Escude.

I rarely jack the grid, rarely do quilt-like pieces and do my best to blend each piece into the surrounding squares the majority of the time. None of us put up great work all of the time - lately, many say there isn't much that inspires or moves the grid forward. Looking at the past and longing for the hand-drawn is fine in it's way but, that too, has been done. Does that mean we shouldn't hope for it to continue? I say no, and in a collaborative system with all skill levels participating, is there any quality even possible other than by accident or GridJacking?

For me, the going-with-the-flow with the Quilt Bomb, was a silent comment on what used to be a "Newbie Honeymoon". I don't think Josep Escude got one.

Anyway, a little dissent with the possibility of revolution is fine by me. I think it's a lot better than the apathetic entropy that we experience now. For about 90 minutes the grid had an opportunity to take a fair turn into something again and I believe that it will reinvent itself another time at some point ... let the revolution begin!

Replies:
Re: The natives are restl..
Re: The natives are restl..

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.