SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
rant (was: New Tile Ordering)
by Jon Van Oast [uwi SITOme] [email Jon Van Oast] 2005-04-12 17:14:00 [11965]
"BTW, I really like you, SITO people ... You're the only site where user feedback seems to make a difference."

there is definitely a reason. one related to why this site has been going for over 10 years. its fun, the users are creative, smart, spirited.

the truth be told, ed and i would, if we could, spend a lot more time doing more to build the site. by "could", i mean if it somehow paid as much as the similar programming work we do for income. of course, 'art' wont pay that much. even if we lived in a more sympathetic environment to the arts (e.g. anywhere other than the u.s.!), where grants and stipends were available and encouraging, it would be hard to compete with the commercial market wages.

i guess my point is, we kinda do development in waves, as our programmer-energy-sanity allows. in the past year or so, we have been trying to get on an upswing after a long hiatus. slowly, i think, we are.

so, thanks for all the encouragement! it really is what helps. not that we need to fill the discussions with praise, heh, but knowing that there are folks to *use* what we make is the fuel to our slowly-building fire.

In reply to:
New Tile Ordering
Replies:
Re: rant (was: New Tile O..
Re: rant (was: New Tile O..

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.