SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Re: JIT
by Thomas C Armagost [tca SITOme] [email Thomas C Armagost] 2004-11-24 22:44:41 [10471]
"whatever. you can throw your ideas on gridscom the way you like ; i noticed. and not even blend others without being flamed. For my part i am more searching for quality collaborative paintings."

Bone up on your 20th century art history. From dada to postmodernism. I don't think my squares are ugly enough. The quality is too good.

Yeah, right. I never get flamed. Except for level 1500. And maybe a few other times. And I've certainly never been flamed in this forum. Well, maybe a few times. ;-)

Flash animation does change everything... I seldom give Flash animation a thought when composing a Gridcosm square. I look at the level only.

Is Gridcosm commercial art? Is it animated wallpaper? Is it supposed to be something that Barbara Bush would approve of--with a few naughty dicks and tits thrown in? All power to you.

If you try to make Gridcosm look perfect, the few remaining flaws will look all the more glaring. You'll be happier if you try not to worry about words like 'ugly' and 'quality.' Otherwise you'll have to deal with words like 'contrived' and 'joyless.'

Laws of art are problematic on Gridcosm. Yet I enjoy looking at it anyway.

In reply to:
Replies:

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.