SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Re: SNZ- Issues?
by Thomas C Armagost [tca SITOme] [email Thomas C Armagost] 2004-05-14 00:41:11 [9216]

I just don't get the irony of SNZ's 1817-c3. It looks like it was commissioned by Darl McBride or Steve Ballmer. Stallman is a commie? You've got to be kidding! The pie in Stallman's pie-hole is on a hook--a troll? SNZ is trolling? So the hammer & sickle is ironic? And why the penis in c2? Issues indeed. ...gridcosm?level=1817

To make matters more confusing, level 1816 was somewhat ironic, a little tongue-in-cheek. I've thought about Bill Gates Tower and Strata Center at MIT... I think maybe it should have been undergrad housing or an art center. I'm not sure that the buildings are appropriate for advanced computer science. It looks like the exterior of PeeWee's Funhouse.

Some other uses for the Frank Gehry style of architecture come to mind. New houses of Congress for the bozos in Washington, DC. A complex at the Vatican for the anti-stemcell research crowd. Or SITO world headquarters.

Stallman represents everything that's right and wrong about Gridcosm. He believes in maximum freedom, but he can be myopic and controlling. Like many of us, he's prone to temper tantrums and sometimes out of touch with reality. If he decides to leave MIT, I hope he'll take up residence at CalTech. My parents live within walking distance of the campus. I could maybe hang with the dude, ya know? Buy him a cup of Joe at Starbucks--at the corner of Lake and California in Pasadena. Homeboy.

In reply to:
Replies:
Pasadena

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.