SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Re: on the nose
by Thomas C Armagost [tca SITOme] [email Thomas C Armagost] 2004-01-29 22:43:46 [8284]
"wow, baseball trading cards of sitoans! what a fantastic idea. who would write the backs? that is flamebait to be sure! haha ''cant seem to blend to save his/her life. batting 2 for 30 on gridcosm.'' regardless, i will trade you two UWIs and a groblin for the OED collectors edition."

It might be funnier to write the artist bios in the painfully cheerful and optimistic writing style of actual baseball cards. ''After a long career in the farm leagues, TCA made his mark in the majors for three unforgettable seasons in SITO Gridcosm.''

You'd find a lot of TCA cards in a Menger Baseball Card Spongecosm because the TCA cards would be valueless for trading.

"as for gimp, yeah its quite a marvel. i was -this- close to writing a sito plugin for it that could just grab things from the server (like gridcosm pieces) with a simple keystroke. luckily i came to my senses."

Corel Painter used to have a feature in which multiple artists could work on the same virtual canvas simultaneously online in real time. A similar venue in SITO for artists with a short attention span would be mighty fine. Making the new attraction GIMP-only would strike a blow for open source. Picture in your imagination the discontinuous continuity of that 450 x 450 pixel canvas. No 150 x 150 pixel borders. Total lovemaking/warfare everywhere on the page, all at once, all the time. Like a Panic on steroids and speed. Take an arbitrary snapshot of the canvas every night at midnight. Animate the snapshots in Flash. Dissatisfied artists could take their own snapshots whenever they wished, and could animate 'em in Flash themselves. So there could be multiple ''interpretations'' of Mega Panic out there.

In reply to:
Replies:

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.