SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Re: 1217 & 1218 Pt Deux
by MARK SUNSHINE [sny SITOme] [email MARK SUNSHINE] 2002-09-14 02:19:07 [5338]
In my reference to thinking within the box, I had forgotten the box and I apologize - therefore I was thinking without the box and well, all was chaotic for like 5 hours until someone brought a bag which we all used as a metaphor for the box.

Seriously -- I did not mind the usage of JER's imagery at all.

We have all been swamped with such imagery from sources both endearing and genuine to tasteless SPAM for Sept 11th flags. I just thought his usage was an in the graphic moment. Look back on this through say another collapsing movie segment ( which I hope is made in the future for more levels ) and owing to its massiveness ( a whole level devoted to the Liberty Torch ) there will be NO MISTAKING during which time period this was done. In the movie especially I was quite taken by the graphic topical references that I could steal a glimpse of during the fantastic whorl.

As for the bank calendar imagery...that is what I thought of surely, but it did not effect me so viscerally. If one is a studier of the Grid and its "feel", especially if one a participant with a degree of obsessive attention, they might conceive a lesser criticism of JER's work, especially in regard for or comparison with the greater compiled whole of JER's amassment of tiles, which exhibit wit and playfulness, thought and irony, plus a salad and choice of soup.

In reply to:
Re: 1217 & 1218
Replies:
Re: 1217 & 1218

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.