SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Re: grid fodder: loose lips
by silly@well.com  [mail] 2002-06-12 22:16:07 [4754]
"if the Chandra Levy ghola would operate within the rules"

This is SNY's mysterious poem entry for level 1131-c2. I did a search at Google.com on the word ''ghola'' and found a URL about the game based on Frank Herbert's sci-fi novel _Dune_. Reviving the Ghola <www.sorvan.com>

"Although the game does include the main strength of the [Bene Tleilaxu], the ghola, it does not permit the ghola to be subverted, i.e. become a traitor. Anyone who has read the books will remember the primary ghola, Duncan Idaho, and the turmoil he went through. The suspected loyalty of a ghola leader, whether paid for with spice or received via the ''Tleilaxu Ghola'' card, does not carry over into the game. Thus the whole substance of the ghola is gone."

I'm not sure what (if anything) this quote has to do with restraint. ''Restraint'' is a prominently visible word in the 1131-c2 image. ...gridcosm?level=1131 Since SNY did three squares on level 1130, maybe his use of this word is self-deprecating irony. However, I doubt it. The word is probably a reference to my repetition of ''INFORMATION Security Begins With You!'' on levels 1128 and 1130. ...gridcosm?level=1130

Restraint is a keyword in the song Sympathy for the Devil by The Rolling Stones, if you'll forgive the hype. In England, the word sympathy means conversation.

In reply to:
grid fodder: loose lips
Replies:
Re: grid fodder: loose li..

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.