SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Opposition of the status quo
by Nata Lukas [nlt SITOme] [email Nata Lukas] 2002-05-29 08:13:06 [4648]
TCA, you take on a self-deprecating attitude too easily. Sure you get alot of shit, but what do you expect? It kind of comes with the territory doesn't it? People (read I) get pissed off by what you do when it so blatantly fucks with a good flow that seems to be happening, but in retrospect I am often glad that it has happened. The Grid needs aggitators just as any trully free and democratic society needs its jesters. Everytime you have "left" the grid in the past I eventually missed your brand of stirring things up.

Having said that I will now attempt to critique your brand of stirring things up, which I must say is something you only do seldomly (probably when you forget to take your medication.) The square in question is the now imfamous c2 from 1116 ...gridcosm?level=1116 After creating and posting b1 I was very tempted to fill in the whole c section (pun intended) with what seemed like an obvious play. I can see SNY alluded to it in his panels, and EHO sasw it so blantly that he totally ignored your politically incorrect tile. I'm pretty sure had most anyone else come along they would have made a similar connection. I had some how convinced myself that it was really important to see how a co collaborator would interpret the seed I planted. Of course I was pissed to see you totally disregard it. It was like being spit in the face. I think I could have handled it much better had you given some shape to your tile. As it was played with the flat background, no or very little color or tonal variation, drawing borders, saying "This Is my Square, I refuse to play WITH YOU!" That sucks! That is what pissed me off. Had you bothered to bring in some aqua under the chin of the little fella, that would have been enough to quell any resentment. It's the this is my square I'll do with it what I want with total disregard for what else is going on attitude that stinks. We all know you are capable of much better. You do not need to be blendy, just considerate.

As far as homogeneity is concerned, I think it's needed at times, but if stagnation sets in we're all doomed. I won't stand for it for too long before it bores me. I think we all need to be more creative at how we disrupt. As queer as it may seem, disruption can be done in a harmonious fashion. It happens all the time.

btw- in retrospect I worked out fine, I just freaked out at the time because it was like a slap in the face, but look what we did with it. ...gridcosm?level=1117 I think it kicks ass, personally.

In reply to:
Re: ??? EHO level 1116 c1 c3
Replies:
peace

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.