SITO / Discussions / sito.synergy.gridcosm
Re: gridcosm parallelism
by Ed Stastny [oed SITOme] [email Ed Stastny] 2001-01-08 03:37:57 [1085]
There are a lot of things we *could* do to Gridcosm. The danger is losing the simplicity. One of Gridcosm's strengths is its unrelenting basic structure. It is easier to form a "style" within this framework, to develop patterns. More options might just confuse the issue.

I think we're having the "too much complexity" problem on HyGrid. Working on it.

It's fun to think of new twists on Gridcosm. When I was at ISEA recently, sitting with Lenara listening to Elisa Giaccardi give a talk about "metadesign", I sketched out a plan for "Squidcosm" which, in its structure, defends against "level monopolies". Each level would be on a time limit. Once the time limit was reached, the "Squidcosm" would allow only reservations of squares that would complete it as a rectangle. When the level was finally rectangular, it would distort and squish down into a 150x150 square and start the next level. Thus, you could have 2x1 levels or 8x3 levels or 5x5 or whatever. All time based. The time limit for each level would be fluid, based on recent activity frequencies. Thus, level size would regulate itself and would speed up if "squidcosm" were particularly active.

Someday.

...e

In reply to:
Replies:

Index of all topics
The Discussions are disabled now and this is only an archive copy.